Pages: « 1 »

Webpoll   

Does Christian Liberty give us right to sin?
(1)
No our sin doen't count before God when we are Christians
(2)
No sin is not seen of God because of Christ
(3)
No we have the strength to live rightiously thru the Spirit in side us

Tracing
Have You sinned recently ?????
Date: Feb 26, 2009 11:50:33 AM PST
Author: Tracing

There’s many notions on the subject of freedom and liberty in the word today.
2 Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. ; -
8:1-4 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

A very , very short way on explaining the Christian liberty is this.
Even if Christ have delivered us from the Law. And crucified it to the cross as He died there.
Even if He with His dead meant that the demands of the Law, our death because of sin, -was crucified through His flesh was crucified(power killed before God) That was because , - as the Word tells us ,- that Christ clothed Himself with the human flesh ( Fil 2). And by being a perfect Spirit that didn’t sin. He could fight a victory over the flesh by not yielding to it, as it tried to tempt Him to sin. When He in victory fought and won over sin died, -as a righteous and not sinning human being, - the power of the flesh, which gets its power from the Law. That’s means that the Law have the double effect of proving
1)that we as sinners can’t live righteously by our own power in the flesh.
2)and demanding or putting forth a goal for us how we shall live.

But how can we then be righteous. How can we live righteously before God if we don’t live after the standard of the Law.

There’s another passage that’s explaining

Jak 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
And :
Jak 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. (colouring mine)

According to the discussion on top the law is crucified. I.e nullified. And thru that it would seem that we are free to do what ever we want. But the text displayed from Jacob there’s still a law in action that call for attention. That is the law of liberty. What law is this and in which way does it give us liberty?

The law of liberty is the law of the Spirit.
That means when we become reborn and new creatures in Salvation. We do that by faith.
We turn from our sin we are convicted of and turn to Christ asking for forgiveness and receiving Christ by the Spirit in our hearts.
Now as we are new born Christians we have an inner very strong urge to do right things and to love first of all brothers but then all men. And by the Spirit we succeed to do that most of the times or at least. Much more than we did before Salvation. When we fail we have to repent and start again. That we have to do each day. We always by mistake or lack of maturity offend someone in a word, attitude, or action.

And when we look at our actions we are living. It is the righteousness that Christ lived.
A respect and love for God and fellow men. In fact its’ the same standard as the righteousness that was/ is in the Law ( ten commandments). It does not offend any of our fellow being as the ten commandment. It is a love that does, - to the fellow, - what we would that he would do to us. And it is a love of the heart. The fact that it is a love of the heart is the explanation to why it is so strong to overcome sin towards our self and others.
Everything that shall have power to overcome must come from deep inside. It must be one with the person. If not its only a shell that is powerless against sin and unrighteousness.

That means that we behave righteously still we are not bound to a law to do it.

If this was a explanation
Tracing

Tracing
But My Savior says
Date: Mar 3, 2009 2:32:18 PM PST

I Hear my precious Saviour say,
No more for sin do you need to pay.
He cleared my very sinful debt, O Lord how could I ever, you repay?
He whispered to me soft and clear “My child, just my word obey”.

I Hear my Saviour talk to me,
When the storms are near and I feel at sea.
He tells me not to ever fret, for He my guide to the end will be.
I know it’s true, I find him near, each time I come on bended knee.

I Hear my risen Saviour call me “Dear”.
It fills my heart with joy, yet grips me with fear.
This Almighty, Holy, Righteous God who my every sin did clear,
Will one day sit at judgment seat and hear my account for every year.

Sulekha Esther Rathnam
India

Tracing
forget in a good way, - thats the way
Date: Mar 3, 2009 2:41:19 PM PST

THE JOURNEY TO WHOLENESS

One day in the midst of my prayer
I felt the Lord kneeling right there
When I spoke about my recent difficulty
This is exactly what the Spirit spoke to me:
My child where’s the gain