Pages: « 1 »

Harolene
What is the one thing that hinders your faith in God?
Date: Feb 7, 2009 4:16:15 PM PST
Author: Harolene

I have found that we let people get between us and God...doesn't that make that person closer to God than you? Think..between you and God...closer? If one thing would hinder me, not my faith really but cause me to have a bad attitude, we we already know isn't Christ like...it is that there are people who get by with being a hypocrit, or are openly mean and yet it seems they get by with it...does that ever strike you? The one girl, and if you ever sat in a class with me you know, who was so cruel that it left a deep scar on my insides, came to my mind this week and I didn't feel bad toward her anymore, then someone sent me a notice from a funeral home and her daddy had died. I was glad that I had already put those feelings away and knew it wasn't just because I was sorry for her. There was a picture of her with her siblings in that funeral video and the hard, harsh, sharp look on her face has been magnified by age so that I know I was not remembering wrong! Just want your opinion or your own story! Jesus loves us anyway, doesn't He?
Harolene

Tracing
Piling for Eternety
Date: Feb 8, 2009 10:48:10 AM PST
Author: Tracing

Dear Haro… today I read your words. And as I did I immediately associated to another issu that often comes to the minds of Gods children. Sometimes to mine in the past day’s. Not so much today. Because I know the answer to this.
It’s often so difficult for us to understand how people often can live a life that is only words, …religious surface. Even if it is not up to us to judge. We can’t let go noticing that some of our beloved fellowmen, are very successful in ignoring God, piling money, things, thriving with famous people, mocking God, hurting others, sheeting, .. you name it.
And still they go along very well as if they found the most wonderful life formula.

I mean I don’t want to live that life anyway… I think. Because I don’t rely know what it is to live such life. I have to fight quite a lot to come thru with my faith … to make ends meet. To cope with the annoying feeling when someone of the few friends I have, seems to gladly hurt my feelings without take a notice or apology. To cope with hard feelings when some one seems to deliberately miss interpretate my motive. In all this I find my Saviours wonderful goodness to make me revive, come thru be glad and hopeful, forgivable and much more.

What is the deferens between the normal grass root Christian battle for the average. And the first category that I mentioned? Why does God let them.
One day, - long ago ,- God told me. That is the only thing they ever will have. In eternity they are so poor and miserable they ever can be. What they have then , - in eternity, - will not satisfy at all. Will it not shine any more. Oh yes it will, and they will have, - in some way what they have heaped. But they will have nothing of the thing that rely shines. What is shining in eternity? It’s Christ and the union, relation, fellowship with Him that shines and satisfies. And compared to that , - everything is relative , - you remember? Earthly goods, riches, fame, strength, position is absolutely nothing. It’s the opposite. It’s the burden. Why? Because it doesn’t satisfy. It’s all outside of the souls ability to reflect Christ, the Heavens sun. And the only thing that satisfies there is the ability to reflect Christ. That satisfies. In the same way as a big pile of money reflects my skill in piling, my fame in reflecting my extraordinary Unicom here on earth. There in eternity its only the soul that have developed the Christ character and the other people he has brought there will be able to reflect Christ. And those will be the one that shines and are satisfied. Those it is that means something to that world. And that is for eternity.
Am I happy? Yes, Yes ,Yes. But I feel sorrow for the ones that have the door closed to the light from heaven that shines already now
Is it a comfort when the cross is scraping? Actually it is… to some extent. And when I come thru with my prayer request, - I’m so happy too.

I found in the bible another person that have found out this fact to. That was Job. Read what he says as he is reflecting over the misfortunes he seems to have.
He mean that there are some that have got this all ready in there earth life. We life up our eternal riches every day. And that is our good Fathers concerns. He has the perspective.

Job 8:13 So are the paths of all that forget God; and the hypocrite's hope shall perish:
Job 8:14 Whose hope shall be cut off, and whose trust shall be a spider's web.
Job 8:15 He shall lean upon his house, but it shall not stand: he shall hold it fast, but it shall not endure.
Job 8:16 He is green before the sun, and his branch shooteth forth in his garden.
Job 8:17 His roots are wrapped about the heap, and seeth the place of stones.
Job 8:18 If he destroy him from his place, then it shall deny him, saying, I have not seen thee.
Job 8:19 Behold, this is the joy of his way, and out of the earth shall others grow.

This is Tracing mooring Himself
To the Word
He is a Great Comforter
So He said

Harolene
For Eternity
Date: Feb 8, 2009 2:53:51 PM PST
Author: Harolene

Tracing, you are very point on here. All my life I have seen people prosper in evil while good folk suffered, but that suffering is only for a moment. Again...I see that I have never see the righteous forsaken and that is definitely me. I read the end of, is the the 12th chapter of Romans, where the comparison is made of how He loves us and how nothing can sepatate us from His love...I may have to blog on that one....Haro
Harolene

Tracing
Recive and give, - don' pile
Date: Feb 8, 2009 5:21:07 PM PST

Good to talk with you this way Haro…. And its good if we don’t have “exactly the same view of things. It breaks the status quo, and starts a development of understanding.
We agree on the point that the sufferings of the good people is only for a time. But my point of “not piling” the Blessings from God could easy be misunderstood. I don’t mean that we don’t have the right to make money, or career, or to be famous, something like that. I mean that this can easy become a selfishness and a “God of this world” mentality.
The only God, - Jesus Christ” left all He’s riches and honor to give it to , - essentially , -a humanity that has gone astray, poor and sin stricken.(Fil 2) During His service to get man back on track He gave everything, including His sinless life.

BUT … and that’s a But that is underlined. When He came back to heaven he was rewarded with the highest place in glory and honor a man can ever get. And to live both by himself and His redeemed in a specially prepared environment of beauty and comfort that can’t be expressed thru human words.

How come that neither Him nor His disciples/apostles lived for piling hear on earth. 13 out of the 14 were(included Jesus) killed within 40 years after Jesus started His Ministry. Only John the Apostles survived, and died a natural death.

I think Paul’s Epistles talks lot about handling money between groups, but it never stayed. They never piled. Why… because they knew there was something much more important a head. They rely had perspective of time and riches.

Our pile aught to be of receipts of how much we have given for the works of God. It aught to be the time we have given to His work, the effort we have put in there, the initiative we have taken. And the reward is realy more than 100 fold already hear on earth in the midst of trouble.

Mar 10:28 Då tog Petrus till orda och sade till honom: "Se, vi hava övergivit allt och följt dig."
Mar 10:29 Jesus svarade: "Sannerligen säger jag eder: Ingen som för min och evangelii skull har övergivit hus, eller bröder eller systrar, eller moder eller fader, eller barn, eller jordagods,
Mar 10:30 ingen sådan finnes, som icke skall få hundrafalt igen: redan här i tiden hus, och bröder och systrar, och mödrar och barn, och jordagods, mitt under förföljelser, och i den tillkommande tidsåldern evigt liv.
Mar 10:31 Men många som äro de första skola bliva de sista, medan de sista bliva de första."

So give, give and give again. And expect a great reward. But don’t’ make God an investing machine. Give out of love. You will feel so Good.

I also want to forward a prayer request for my self. For the moment and since some month ago I have been looking for work and I havn’t been able to find anything. Please Help me to pray

Tracing is invite anyone to
Reflect on this
And to come with a comment

See You
Tracing

Amanda
Piling for Eternety
Date: Feb 10, 2009 2:28:35 PM PST
Author: Amanda

In my situation I have found myself wondering the same thing. I have had friends in the past who were addicted to drugs and living their life outside of God and His word and it always appeared that they had everything. No matter what they said they wanted they got it, (sometimes not legally). It took me a long time to realize the true loneliness of their lifestyle. The constant search for something to fill the void they felt and I hate to admit but it was by me walking away from what I had known my whole life to be the right path and walking on the “wrong” side for a little while to make me realize for myself that the thing I was missing the most was a relationship with God. I watched the same people that I thought were so fortunate fall and fall hard, to the point that a few of them did not survive. It made me crave change and to set my life back on the correct path that God has chosen for me. It made me realize that while they had the false acquisitions of material things and riches here on this Earth, that those do not even begin to compare to what my REAL acquisitions and riches will be in Heaven. I no longer question why they can live their life outside of God while I struggle; I look at it like this…my struggle just means I have another wing being added to my mansion in Heaven. :)
Last modified by Amanda on Feb 10 2009 2:34PM

Attachment:
0bbe4ab099225f758ac306797513ee93.jpg
   View
Description:

Tracing
Piling for Eternity
Date: Feb 10, 2009 3:53:35 PM PST

Thank Amanda … for responding with a testimony. It was great to read how the Lord was calling you back. There’s another way of building your heavenly mansion. And that is to help others by giving advices and information, in the same way as you recently have done in this blogg site.
You have great insight in a world that many people look tt with open mouth. They just cant understand how people with great upbringing can take the chance to test drugs of different kind. As You have been close you probably know a lot of feelings and motivation, despair and so on.
1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

Please share it. It can be a help to parents who have problems with there young. Or it can be a help to someone wanting to leave that life.

Tracing

Search Web

Google

Search Forum

Forum Tags

There are no tags at this time.